Sharon Wee - Whale and Iceberg Cake
This class has ended.
Sharon Wee will be teaching exclusively at Cakebox.ME in Dubai. Sharon is an Australian cake maker who lives and works in Sydney, Australia. She is super talented and is internationally renowned for her cake concepts and designs.She is also a fantastic teacher, much in demand, who travels the globe teaching her skills.
Learn how to make this super cute Whale and Iceberg cake, complete with a working lantern!åÊThis gorgeous Whale and Iceberg Cake Class tackles that childhood fantasy that every little birthday boy and girl will absolutely love - a working lantern! Of course, the cake has a penguin sitting on a little iceberg pushed up by the whale swimming in the deep blue sea, but the-cake-has-a-working-lantern! You will learn cake carving, putting a complex structure together, fondant modeling cute penguins AND that working lantern, what's not to love?!
We will bake sumptuous chocolate mud cakes for you in this class. Each cake is baked for two hours, the result is a moist firm cake that you can carve easily.
In this unique cake class, you will learn how to:
- How to construct a complex but secure structure and build the cake around it
- How to carve a 3D whale cake and super realistic iceberg - Sharon will teach you this tricky bit of carving
- Cover unusual shapes with fondant
- Create a whale spray out of fondant
- Create a gorgeous layer of 'floating ice' around the whale
- Make sugar models of 3D penguins and fish Make a WORKING LANTERN - this little lantern will be the highlight of your cake!
You will need some experience in covering a cake with fondant to attend this class.
Sharon Wee is an exceptional teacher! She is coming to the UAE on her First Ever Middle East Tour.. and it is completely SOLD OUT!